As at: May 2018
The owner of the domain www.studienvereinigung-kartellrecht.de. and operator of this website is the Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V. (Association for the Study of Antitrust Law). The protection of your personal data is very important to us. Below we set out how we process personal data in connection with the use of our website. Please note that we will update this Data Protection Notice from time to time.
The controller within the meaning of the statutory regulations is the
Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
Overview of how we use your data
- We use your personal data for the sole purpose of making our website available and responding to queries.
- Your personal data will be stored on our premises and those of companies processing data on our behalf. Should we transfer your personal data, they will be encrypted using 128-bit SSL encryption.
- We will pass on your personal data to third parties if you consented to this and if necessary in order to process your queries. We will furthermore forward your personal data to companies that we engage to process them on our behalf (processing carried out on behalf of a controller). Lastly, if required to do so by law, we will transmit your personal data to bodies entitled to receive such information. Your data will not be passed on to third parties in any other cases.
- Where we base the processing of your data on your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time with effect for the future.
When does this Data Protection Notice apply?
This Data Protection Notice describes how we collect, use and pass on personal data in connection with the use of our website and responding to queries.
It furthermore describes your rights in relation to the use of your personal data, including rights to object and how to exercise such rights.
Which data do we collect?
We collect and process the following data in connection with the use of our website and responding to queries:
- use of our website:
- technical information on the system you employ to use our website, including the IP address, and
- information on when and how you use our website (log information)
- responding to queries: the personal data you communicate to us in the context of your query, such as your name, email address and telephone number.
How do we use your data and on what legal basis?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to operate our website and pursue our legitimate interests. We monitor the use of our website and use your data in order to monitor, improve and protect our websites both online and offline;
- for the following activities, subject to your consent:
- to respond to queries;
- to use technically required cookies and similar technologies in compliance with the cookie settings you have selected and the information provided to you if these technologies are used. You may change these settings at any time. To do this, follow the link specified on the website;
- for purposes required by law.
Which data do you need to provide?
Your first name, last name and your email address are required to allow your queries to be processed. If you do not provide your data, we will be unable to respond to your query.
The provision of further data is optional.
How can you withdraw any consent you may have given?
In all cases where you have given your consent to data processing you may withdraw such consent at any time. In this event, we will cease the data processing activities on which this consent is based.
With whom, when and where do we share your data?
We forward your personal data to processors who process them on our behalf for the purposes set out above and include providers of website hosting and maintenance services.
Should administrative bodies or law enforcement authorities ask us to transmit your personal data, we will comply provided that this is required by law or necessary to protect our legitimate interests in line with the applicable laws.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
- to ask us for information about the processing performed by us in relation to your data;
- to request a copy of your personal data;
- to have your personal data rectified or erased, or to restrict its processing;
- to ask us for the personal data that you have made available to us, in a structured, machine-readable format, in cases where we process your data on the basis of your consent.
Furthermore, in certain circumstances you may object to the processing of your personal data.
These rights may be restricted where, for example, fulfilling your request would entail disclosing the personal data of a different person, or you request us to erase data whose storage is required by law.
To exercise these rights, you may contact us via the contact details specified in this Notice. Independently of that, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority at your place of residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement should you believe that the processing of your personal data breaches data protection law.
How can you contact us?
We hope that we have been able to answer your questions on the processing of your data. Should you have any concerns or further questions in relation to the processing of your data, please contact us at the address shown above.
How long will we retain your data?
Data processed with your consent will continue to be processed until you ask us to cease such processing, and for a short period afterwards (so that we can deal with your queries). We also take note for an indefinite period that you have asked us to refrain from continuing to process your data so that we can comply with your request in the future as well.
When we process personal data for website security purposes, we store your data while you use the website.